Get started today.

Study Permits

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recognizes the contribution international students make to Canada’s economic and cultural environment.

IRCC encourages international students to study in Canada, and therefore, have designed programs to attract and retain more international students. Programs such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, the Off-Campus Work Permit, Co-op and Internship Programs, and the Canadian Experience Class permit students to stay and work in Canada during or after completing their studies.

In some cases, graduated students can eventually apply for permanent residency. Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada. It is important to select the educational institution carefully to ensure it qualifies for your immigration goals.

Work while you Study

If you’re a full-time student with a valid study permit, you may be eligible to work either on-campus or off-campus. If eligible to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week during the school year.

During your summer or winter breaks, when school isn’t in session, you can even work full-time. Often no work permit is required. In certain cases, a Co-Op or other work permit is required.

Immigration Office located in beautiful Victoria, BC

More about Cornerston Immigration & how we can help.

Get started today.

Cornerston Immigration provides a wide range of personalized immigration consulting and representation services for all visa types and immigration categories. Our consultants are able to assist clients from nearly any country in the world and have considerable experience working with China, India, Mexico, the Philippines, Turkey and the USA.

Victoria Office
300-848 Courtney St.
Victoria, B.C. V8W 1C4
Phone: 250-940-3597
Fax: (250) 940-3601

Scroll to Top